Friday, February 8, 2008

Introduction to my blog

I would like to start off by welcoming everyone to my blog. My name is Alex Kim and I am a USC student majoring in business with an emphasis in information systems. I've always had an interest in technology and as a little child computers were always around me. I still remember how to execute Prince of Persia on MS DOS. My father was an entrepreneur and owned many businesses--the one I remember the most was his computer store. Seeing all of the software and hardware enticed my interest in technology even further. During my childhood my father would also take me to the golf range trying to make me into the next golf prodigy--unfortunately, it didn't go as he had planned. I only recently started to play golf on a regular basis. I really regret not playing as a young child and wish I had fell in love with it then. The feeling of being outdoors in nature engaging in a friendly competition amongst your friends is so enjoyable. The beauty of golf is simple--it can bridge the gap between generations. You never see a 50 year old man playing a pick-up game of basketball with a bunch of 18 year olds.

This blog is not just about the beauty of golf. It's also about technology and how it's used to help golfers improve their game. It will also cover new information communications technology that will help golf enthusiasts, like myself, to view golf, get golf tips, and get new information about golf products directly to wherever they are. The world is advancing and so is the world of golf.

When you are on the golf course so many things go on inside of your head (how far the ball is from the green, which way the green will break, which club should I use, what strategy should I use on this hole, etc.). Preparation before your shot can lower your score. This is where technology can help improve your decision making and even improve your shot. In the weeks to come I will cover new gadgets and product development which will help recreational golfers improve their game and lower their handicap. It will also cover how technology is being used to display the wonderful world of golf to all of its fans. The first gadget will cover how GPS is being used to help improve a golfer's game. Hope to see you again soon!

-Golf Nut

No comments: